Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Drain You

Back from my appointment and I've barely sufficient energy to type a single word.  Certainly I would like to lay down in a nice soft bed and fall asleep now, early as it is, but I know my obligation to you is a solemn one.  You need to know.  So I sit.  And I write.

I went to D's place again.  It was just as it's been for several weeks, D pounding out emails and text messages and calling everyone in town trying to convince someone, anyone of a reality only D can perceive.  Trying to convince a skeptical world I exist.  Gradually D is losing credibility, stranded in a cocoon of madness like Cassandra.  It is troubling, but for now I can see little to be done about it.

It all began as a bit of conjecture - I postulated I could best learn to observe someone alone by first exploring a person's alone places, empty of my actual subject.

I committed my first break-in 3 weeks ago today. I avoided a common pitfall by selecting my target - E - not for some painfully Freudian pseudosexual reason but because I imagined E was especially obtuse about noticing surroundings.  I noticed E because keys were frequently dangling from E's front door.  It was not a great leap for me to assume I'd find it quite easy to gain access to E's place.

All backstory, of course.  I imagine you're more interested in Now, aren't you, Dear Eater.  Wondering about my appointment at D's.  Wondering if anyone is coming.

All in due time.  I am starving, aren't you?  I must cook a fine dinner.  I've some difficult decisions to make, and Hungry decisions are never well made ones.

back soon

dbj

No comments:

Post a Comment